Wednesday 22 October 2014

Before and After Beauty


Before and after
Credits

I am a woman. I am twenty six years old. I try to eat well, sleep well, I do some exercise when I have the time. I can't complaint for now, everything seems to be in the right place, my hair is still all black and shiny, my skin is still soft.. but I know, and all women know, that a time will come when all these things will start failing. It's called aging and there's nothing we can do about it

This Renee Zellweger controversy made me think about how far we go to look young, even if we know that we aren't on our 20's anymore. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against plastic surgery, I believe that it is a great solution to many health and aesthetic problems and it should always be a personal choice. However, Renee is such a beautiful woman that it's hard to think she would need so many surgeries, she ended up looking like someone else. 

Zellweger apart, I believe that we should see beauty in all ages, in all shapes, in all colors. Only when we stop acting like it is possible to be 20 forever, we will accept the fact that we are beautiful no matter what. Living by unreachable standards will raise our frustration, anger, and disappointment with our bodies and with ourselves.

Maybe the solution here is to focus on feeling forever young, instead of looking like something we're not. 

Your TopCrusher,
Daniela 

No comments:

Post a Comment